As time passed, her eldest son got well settled in U.A.E. He built a house in one of the most respected areas of Malleshwaram and quickly got his mother shifted off from the previous house into the brand new one. By Allah’s grace and mercy, all 8 children of hers got established comfortably in their lives, thanks to the immense hard work she put in.
So, is this a happy ending?
No! Her struggle never ended because Allah had placed a lot of struggles in order to test her patience and mold her more before she could reach Him .
She lay in the hospital bed trying to grasp for breath, her youngest son watching her helplessly while trying to figure out what he could do to get her back to normalcy. After a relentless struggle for a few hours, she returned to her Lord at the age of 63.
Ruqaiyah’s story has a lot to be told and can’t be completed in a bunch of short series. There is much more to her struggles and how she dealt with it, which if we heard, would prevent us from asking “Why me?” for the major and sometims even minor struggles we encounter.
Never did she whine or complain about any kind of situation she had to face. Rather, she always told Qadar’Allah with a smile on her face and moved ahead. She was a lady who won hearts of anyone and everyone she met. She is my hero who continuous to inspire my life. She is my grandmother with whom I hardly spent time with, however, she lives with me till today with her thoughts, morals and character. This was the legacy she left behind.
Lastly, I would like to share a few points which I learned from her and I am pretty sure if you applied them, your life will definitely change for the better in shaa Allah.
- NEVER GIVE UP: No matter how hard your life is and no matter how hard you think it will be, never ever lose hope in the mercy and power of Allah .
- No matter how small or big your earning is, make sure you live and die a life with SELF-RESPECT, because if you can’t respect yourself, no one else ever will.
- NEVER DEPEND on anyone apart from Allah , because no matter how dear or loved that individual is to you, you will always be bound to disappointments at some point of your life because no one is impeccable.
“If Allah helps you, none can overcome you; and if He forsakes you, who is there after Him that can help you? And in Allah (Alone) let believers put their trust.”- (Surah Aal-e-Imran: 160)
- Be a STRONG INDIVIDUAL AND A STRONGER MUSLIM. It will build your personality in a way which you can’t even comprehend off, and what better way to start developing your character than by reading the Seerah of our beloved Prophet.
- READING: Make it a habit to read. Surround yourself with good books, the ones that make you grow, not the ones that are known to give fantasies, making you waste time. Ultimately, you are what you read.
- DEBT: Let this be a last resort in your life. Make sure that you keep you and your family away from debt or any sort of credits as it could possibly put you in destruction in this world and the hereafter. Obviously, you can resort to asking for financial help in dire circumstances, but make sure you stay within the limits of Quran and sunnah while doing so.
- And finally, make sure you leave a LEGACY. It could be as simple as being kind to someone or smiling at people, touching someone’s heart or making their day.
“But those who have feared their Lord – for them are chambers, above them chambers built high, beneath which rivers flow. [This is] the promise of Allah . Allah does not fail in [His] promise.”- (Surah Az-Zumar:20)
I hope all of you have benefited from my grandmother’s legacy. If there is anything else you would like to share, please drop your thoughts in the comments section below.
May Allah accept our efforts and grant us the highest level of Jannah! Ameen!